[Asterisk-Dev] New Asterisk Manager Proxy -- astmanproxy 1.0

Chris A. Icide chris at netgeeks.net
Tue Jun 7 10:57:03 MST 2005

David,

Nice work.  However, it would really be nice to have as an option, the
ability to configure the system to connect up to several asterisk
servers and be able to direct queries to each server.

So for example, Say I have three asterisk servers, A, B, and C.  and I
want to issue a manager command to server B, I would send the command to
the proxy, with an additional argument specifying it was for server B.
The response I get back would also provide indication of which server is
sending the message.

In very heavy traffic scenerios I could see having a configurable cache
timeout system where you cache responses (possibly only certain types of
the info from the cache.  I could see in an evironment where you have a
primary and backup network monitor which uses / watches manager output
having a small (few-seconds) cache to prevent double queries in very
short time.

-Chris