[Asterisk-Dev] Voicemail locking

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Thu Jul 21 06:14:15 MST 2005

Marc Olivier Chouinard wrote:
> Asterisk as a default shouldn't be database driven from external
> sources.  But it should also have db support as a complement.

Right. res_storage (as previously discussed here) will allow people to
use many different storage systems for voicemail (and other sounds, and
other resources). Obviously we will need to have a 'legacy' format
storage driver to support the existing voicemail spool format, but the
potential for new formats is limitless :-)