[Asterisk-Dev] Voicemail locking

Marc Olivier Chouinard mochouinard at m0c.com
Wed Jul 20 22:12:02 MST 2005

Asterisk as a default shouldn't be database driven from external
sources.  But it should also have db support as a complement.

Now Maildir like brian said is a nice format since it already being
proven by qmail in extreamly huge deployment, and also could be very
easy to implement.

The only think I dlike, is that the voicemail does not rely on the order
base on the filename (well, not like it does rightnow).  I should beable
to delete a file, or just create a file in the folder and that all I
need to do, not care about finding a unique filename (since it should
already be unique in the first place.

Marc O.

The base of asterisk shouldn't rely on too much of other complex than
his own.

Having maildir system can scale alot, and alot more easily and require
alot less complexity, and can work without relying on alot of different
applications and layer of complexity

A database system should be a complement to the file system version.
But we need a good filesystem base voicemail in the first place.

Marc O