[Asterisk-Dev] rfc: #include "manager.d/*.conf"

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Tue Jul 12 23:40:58 MST 2005

Hi

The following is not exactly a feature request for Asterisk, because the
code for implementing it is already in HEAD. Rather, it is a matter of
default configuration.

What I'd like is to simplify the process of installing extra
packages/scripts that use the manager interface. Currently I do that by
puttlng the following in manager.conf:

  ; By default asterisk will listen on localhost only.
  [general]
  enabled = yes
  port = 5038
  bindaddr = 127.0.0.1

  ; No access is allowed by default.
  ; To set a password, create a file in /etc/asterisk/manager.d
  ; use creative permission games to allow other serivces to create their own
  ; files
  #include "manager.d/*.conf"

/etc/asterisk/manager.d/foo.conf (for the user 'foo') could be something like:

  [foo]
	secret=FOOsPass
	read=whatever
	write=whatever

So when you install a program you only need to worry about dropping an
extra little .conf file into a directory (and 'reload'), rather than
editing a file which gnerally complicates the installation.

Naturally, for this to be useful I'd like this as the default not only
on my personal distro.

--
Tzafrir Cohen     icq#16849755  +972-50-7952406
tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com  http://www.xorcom.com