[Asterisk-Dev] Describing features in the Asterisk Wiki

Harald Milz hm at seneca.muc.de
Tue Jul 12 22:55:46 MST 2005

Hi,

Im relatively new to Asterisk (4 or 5 months). Basically, I am happy about
the Wiki but what really bugs me is that as a beginner, you never know
which Asterisk version a described feature or howto is related to. I'd
appreciate if everybody adding something also tells the world which version
he is talking about. Something like "this feature was added in
CVS-2005-06-16". This would prevent people from trying such a feature in
1.06 for example which can be _very_ frustrating for beginners.

The learning curve for Asterisk is already steep enough - this would
make it easier to grok Asterisk.