[Asterisk-Dev] 1.2 Feature freeze.

Jerris, Michael MI mjerris at ofllc.com
Tue Jul 12 06:23:03 MST 2005

> Eric Wieling aka ManxPower
> You might want to consider announcing the feature freeze 30
> days before it takes effect, in order to make sure people
> that are working on things that are not ready to be submitted
> to the bugtracker have time to do so.

There has been talk of 1.2 for quite some weeks or months now both on
the dev list and on the dev conference calls.  If somone has not been
paying attention I don't think it makes a lot of sense to hold up a
release that everyone is clammoring for (including you Eric) to give
people a chance to get more things into it.  Lets finish up polishing
off as many bugs and critical items as we can and get 1.2 marked.

In that light, the bugtracker has been badly suffering lately due to
poor response from posters.  In order to get things fixed, we need as
rapid response as possible to questions posted, and careful watching of
the bug guidelines so you do not post bugs without the required
information.  Anyone is more than welcome to lend a hand in the bug
tracker helping track down bugs and providing fixes.  This help is badly
needed now.  There are only a handful of people that help manage the
bugtracker, and complaining will not resolve these issues, only action
will.  Consider this your call to action.

Mike