[Asterisk-Dev] MySQL SIP and Message Waiting Indication

alex at pilosoft.com alex at pilosoft.com
Mon Jan 24 16:58:22 MST 2005

On Mon, 24 Jan 2005, Chris Parker wrote:

> > The MySQL support in Asterisk 1.0.* is considered deprecated and
> > probably won't be "fixed". The suggestion is to move to RealTime in
> > Asterisk 1.1 (or is it gonna be 2.0?). But MWI in RealTime doesn't
> > work right now.
>
> Does anyone else find this rather silly?  "Don't use MYSQL_FRIENDS (
> which works ), use RealTime ( which doesn't ) and take it to the -users
> list you unwashed heathen who dares approach the -dev list with such
> drivel!"
I don't see you providing better advice.

> On just about every project I'm involved with, code related questions
> are welcomed on the -dev list.  This certainly seemed code related to
> me.
No, it isn't. This list is *for developers to talk to other developers*.
If you are not a developer, you don't belong.

> /me shakes head and slowly walks away...
>
> It's a shame really, that you all try so hard to piss off users yet want
> the world to know how great asterisk is and don't understand why it
> doesn't get as much acceptance as you want.  :)
Somehow Asterisk has many orders of magnitude more users without a clue
who think they can use a TOOLKIT to set up a something useful than any
other free software project.

> ( and yes, I do use * at work and am trying to further it's adoption )
Good for you, so do we. Where's your patch for -dev?

-alex