[Asterisk-Dev] MySQL SIP and Message Waiting Indication

Chris Parker cparker at segv.org
Tue Jan 25 09:18:38 MST 2005

On Jan 24, 2005, at 5:58 PM, alex at pilosoft.com wrote:

> On Mon, 24 Jan 2005, Chris Parker wrote:
>
>>> The MySQL support in Asterisk 1.0.* is considered deprecated and
>>> probably won't be "fixed". The suggestion is to move to RealTime in
>>> Asterisk 1.1 (or is it gonna be 2.0?). But MWI in RealTime doesn't
>>> work right now.
>>
>> Does anyone else find this rather silly?  "Don't use MYSQL_FRIENDS (
>> which works ), use RealTime ( which doesn't ) and take it to the
>> -users
>> list you unwashed heathen who dares approach the -dev list with such
>> drivel!"
> I don't see you providing better advice.

I don't claim to be one of the main developers of *.  I mostly lurk
on the list, I fully admit.  So what?  Here's my advice:

chan_sip.c can be modified so that it puts the sql queried user info
into
the internal user structure same as a static 'sip.conf' configuration
would
achieve thus causing MWI polling to work for your sql users.

>> On just about every project I'm involved with, code related questions
>> are welcomed on the -dev list.  This certainly seemed code related to
>> me.
> No, it isn't. This list is *for developers to talk to other
> developers*.
> If you are not a developer, you don't belong.

I'm a developer, and I use asterisk.  Thanks for asking.

>> /me shakes head and slowly walks away...
>>
>> It's a shame really, that you all try so hard to piss off users yet
>> want
>> the world to know how great asterisk is and don't understand why it
>> doesn't get as much acceptance as you want.  :)
> Somehow Asterisk has many orders of magnitude more users without a clue
> who think they can use a TOOLKIT to set up a something useful than any
> other free software project.

So does freeradius, and there isn't such a schism in place there between
-users/-dev as seems to be perceived by many here.

>> ( and yes, I do use * at work and am trying to further it's adoption )
> Good for you, so do we. Where's your patch for -dev?

It's a patch to add functionality to MYSQL_FRIENDS in chan_sip.c.  But
since
that is not wanted going forward, I guess I'll keep it to myself, and
start
looking at RealTime.

Cheers,
-Chris
--
    \\\|||///  \   Chris Parker    -   Segmentation Fault ( core dumped )
    | @   @ |    \   http://www.segv.org     |    cparker at segv.org
oOo   (_)   oOo  \