[Asterisk-Dev] MySQL SIP and Message Waiting Indication

Chris Parker cparker at segv.org
Mon Jan 24 15:19:13 MST 2005

On Jan 24, 2005, at 9:05 AM, Matthew Boehm wrote:

> The MySQL support in Asterisk 1.0.* is considered deprecated and
> probably
> won't be "fixed". The suggestion is to move to RealTime in Asterisk
> 1.1 (or
> is it gonna be 2.0?). But MWI in RealTime doesn't work right now.

Does anyone else find this rather silly?  "Don't use MYSQL_FRIENDS (
which
works ), use RealTime ( which doesn't ) and take it to the -users list
you unwashed heathen who dares approach the -dev list with such drivel!"

On just about every project I'm involved with, code related questions
are
welcomed on the -dev list.  This certainly seemed code related to me.

/me shakes head and slowly walks away...

It's a shame really, that you all try so hard to piss off users yet want
the world to know how great asterisk is and don't understand why it
doesn't
get as much acceptance as you want.  :)

( and yes, I do use * at work and am trying to further it's adoption )

-Chris
--
    \\\|||///  \   Chris Parker    -   Segmentation Fault ( core dumped )
    | @   @ |    \   http://www.segv.org     |    cparker at segv.org
oOo   (_)   oOo  \