[Asterisk-Dev] chan_sip cvs-stable post 1/1/2005 polycom bug

Josh Roberson twisted at indigent-networks.com
Sat Jan 15 09:53:58 MST 2005

Tilghman Lesher wrote:

>On Saturday 15 January 2005 00:56, Greg Boehnlein wrote:
>

>>Hello,
>>	I've opened a bug that is affecting Polycom phones. As far as I
>>can tell, the problem was introduced in chan_sip between 1/1/2005
>>and 1/2/2005, and appears in subsequent versions.
>>
>>http://bugs.digium.com/bug_view_page.php?bug_id=0003348
>>

>We noticed a problem like this as well.  The solution was to remove
>the mailbox subscription from the Polycom config xml file and just let
>Asterisk determine the mailbox subscription based upon sip.conf.  The
>problem was that apparently, the mailbox subscription tied up the
>line, making calls impossible.

This is correct.   Myself and Brian West encountered a similar problem
on the bugtracker just recently.  Asterisk does NOT support MWI via
SUBSCRIBE, and since the polycom attempts to do this, it ties up the
line on the polycom as Asterisk reports back a 405 from the server.
Technically, this is not an asterisk problem, since we are not required
to support MWI via subscribe.    If you remove the mailbox subscriptions
from the polycom XML config, it will work like a champ.

--Josh