[Asterisk-Dev] chan_sip cvs-stable post 1/1/2005 polycom bug

Greg Boehnlein damin at nacs.net
Sat Jan 15 08:56:00 MST 2005

On Sat, 15 Jan 2005, Greg Boehnlein wrote:

> Hello,
> 	I've opened a bug that is affecting Polycom phones. As far as I
> can tell, the problem was introduced in chan_sip between 1/1/2005 and
> 1/2/2005, and appears in subsequent versions.
>
> http://bugs.digium.com/bug_view_page.php?bug_id=0003348

As a followup on this topic, I was able to narrow down the problem. So the
upshot of this little fact-finding mission is that Polycom SoundPoint IP
phones cannot use MWI subscribe, and must have the msg.mwi.1.subscribe
attribute blank. AKA, you cannot have msg.mwi.1.subscribe="100" set and
have it work, if you are using chan_sip code newer than 1/1/2005.

In my original NON WORKING configuration, I had the following:

<mwi msg.mwi.1.subscribe="100" msg.mwi.1.callBackMode="contact"
msg.mwi.1.callBack="8500"/>

By dropping the "100" from the subscribe attribute, everything works as
expected. Strange, cause it used to work. ;)

                             KP-216-121-ST