[Asterisk-Dev] RFC: Moderating the Asterisk Mailing Lists

Leif Madsen leif.madsen at gmail.com
Fri Jan 7 18:36:25 MST 2005

On Sat, 08 Jan 2005 02:07:46 +0100, Bruno Hertz <brrhtz at yahoo.de> wrote:
> While this might seem unrelated, I think that a good deal of redundant
> questions could be avoided if * provided proper versioning and
> (tar.gz) packaging. This is clearly a deficit in the project.

Asterisk is already properly packaged with tar.gz and versions.  Its
commonly referred to as the stable branch.  You can obtain it via FTP
or CVS.

The latest version of Asterisk can be checked out via FTP.  This will
get you your versioned tar.gz file:
wget ftp://ftp.digium.com/pub/asterisk/asterisk-*.tar.gz
wget ftp://ftp.digium.com/pub/zaptel/zaptel*.tar.gz
wget ftp://ftp.digium.com/pub/libpri/libpri*.tar.gz

You can always check out the latest bug fixes and patches to the
stable branch via CVS (you should only do this if you are monitoring
the asterisk-cvs list for submissions by russell)

export CVSROOT=:pserver:anoncvs at cvs.digium.com:/usr/cvsroot
cvs login
(when asked for a password, enter anoncvs)
cvs co -r v1-0 asterisk asterisk-sounds asterisk-addons zaptel libpri

HTH,
Leif Madsen.
http://www.leifmadsen.com