[Asterisk-Dev] RFC: Moderating the Asterisk Mailing Lists

Bruno Hertz brrhtz at yahoo.de
Fri Jan 7 19:06:03 MST 2005

On Fri, 2005-01-07 at 20:36 -0500, Leif Madsen wrote:

> Asterisk is already properly packaged with tar.gz and versions.  Its
> commonly referred to as the stable branch.  You can obtain it via FTP
> or CVS.

Oh man, count me in to the dumb user party. I myself didn't even bother
to check the ftp server since CVS seems so much to be the preferred way
according to http://www.asterisk.org/index.php?menu=download

Still, I can tell you that, after being only a couple of days on the
users list, I received private mails from newbies who couldn't figure
out how to properly check out *, and who were reluctant to ask on the
list.

Anyway, thanks for taking the trouble (again, I presume).

Regards, Bruno.