[Asterisk-Dev] RFC: Moderating the Asterisk Mailing Lists

Bruno Hertz brrhtz at yahoo.de
Fri Jan 7 18:07:46 MST 2005

On Fri, 2005-01-07 at 16:14 -0600, Steven Critchfield wrote:

> I'm sure Firestone wished they could have repelled certain users who
> couldn't figure out how to check tire pressure....

While this might seem unrelated, I think that a good deal of redundant
questions could be avoided if * provided proper versioning and
(tar.gz) packaging. This is clearly a deficit in the project.

Especially, regarding features and compatibility with third party
stuff (oh323,capi) properly versioned packages might be highly
beneficial. I.e. statements like "works only with CVS latest" are
bound to produce confusion.

Any possibility to fix this?

Regards, Bruno.