[Asterisk-Dev] Asterisk Maintenance and Development

steve szmidt steve at szmidt.org
Thu Jan 6 05:00:17 MST 2005

On Monday 03 January 2005 02:41 pm, Mike M wrote:
> I must have missed something about open source.  Since when did open
> source projects run according project schedules?  Open source is a gift.
> How can one ask for a gift on a schedule?

Managing development is always a good idea. No reason to be sloppy just
because it's open source. As others have noted, creating a schedule makes
things move along better. Just because it's free does not prevent some people
from being, or trying to be professional with their development cycle.

The product will only be as good as the developers pursues their task. A
timeline works against being slack and puts more pride in each person for
being part of a great team.
--

Steve Szmidt

"They that would give up essential liberty for temporary safety
deserve neither liberty nor safety."
                                Benjamin Franklin