[Asterisk-Dev] Asterisk Maintenance and Development

Jon Lawrence jon at lawrence.org.uk
Tue Jan 4 08:36:29 MST 2005

On Monday 03 January 2005 19:41, Mike M wrote:

> I must have missed something about open source.  Since when did open
> source projects run according project schedules?  Open source is a gift.
> How can one ask for a gift on a schedule?

All projects run to some kind of schedule - even if it's only when xxxxx
function is complete we'll release version 1.x
I think putting dates on an open source project is daft and probably a waste
of time.
A schedule would be better organized dependant on what features are to be
finished prior to release.

Just my 2p worth.

Jon