[Asterisk-Dev] Asterisk Maintenance Crew

Matt Riddell matt.riddell at sineapps.com
Mon Jan 3 14:01:55 MST 2005

russelb at CLEMSON.EDU wrote:
> Hello everyone!
[-BIG SNIP-]

I for one would be interested.  My world/Asterisk domination plan is to
keep reading all of the CVS commits, continue reading C docs etc.  I'm
slowly but surely getting the hang of it (having programmed since I was
6 - 21 years ago).

I don't know if any of you saw the zaptel blog which was going through
the code.  This was sooooooooooo good.  Such a pity it hasn't continued.
  As long as I don't use up all bkw's bandwidth, I'd really like to
continue to be a silent party on the conf calls, slowly absorbing
information.  As I've said, I've done a hell of a lot of programming in
the past, but mostly in random languages.

I think there's quite a few people like myself, who feel they are just
getting up to speed before helping.

While I realise that there are mundane/repetitive tasks to be completed,
I would need hand holding for the first bit, and I worry that this hand
holding would take time away from the project rather than helping it.

This is currently the reason I don't do more (well except for the news).

If anyone feels like holding my hand for a bit while introducing me to a
list of mundane/repetitive tasks, I'm all for it, if not, I'll just keep
reading until I feel I'm confident enough to make changes without asking
questions.

--
Cheers,

Matt Riddell