[Asterisk-Dev] Asterisk Source Code Intensive - Proposal for Astricon

Jim Van Meggelen jim at vanmeggelen.ca
Sun Jan 2 23:25:43 MST 2005

For everyone who was ignoring the pimpking thread, it has matured rather
tamely into something more constructive. Therefore, it made sense to me
to start a new, relevant thread.

The idea was suggested that a one day seminar on the source code be
presented at Astricon. Sort of an extremely condensed tour of the
source, lovingly delivered by someone sufficiently sadistic to enjoy
such an activity. Kinda like a poetry reading.

BKW, naturally, pretty much volunteered.

Anyone else feel like they want to contribute to the code, but feel
overwhelemed about were to begin?

Perhaps the lack of contributors is due to the fact that many feel
unqualified to help, even though willing (I'd count myself in that
category). It'd be interesting to see if a "source code boot camp" would
help folks overcome their initial hesitation. It sure is a steep
mountain of knowledge to conemplate, when one is standing at the bottom.

Of course, I'm not sure if having a bunch of untrained hacks descend on
the code is exacly what's needed, but everyone has to start somewhere.

Thoughts?

--
Jim Van Meggelen
jim at vanmeggelen.ca