[Asterisk-Dev] Bug Tracker / Feature Requests (my take)

Dinesh Nair dinesh at alphaque.com
Sun Jan 2 22:33:06 MST 2005

On 03/01/2005 13:06 Leif Madsen said the following:
> As for your post specifically.  I would really like to see Russell and
> Brian West do a presentation on the code.  Russell has been
> maintaining the stable code, and Brian didn't know any C before he
> started working with the Asterisk code, and I would consider him a
> major contributor.  Both are also well spoken.

here's an idea. we're all working with/on asterisk, an IP-PBX and more.
asterisk, thru MeetMe and IAX2, allows multiparty voice conferences. also,
astricons can be expensive (not the cost of the conference, but rather
flight tix and accomodation) for those of us in developing nations.

why dont we have monthly/quarterly virtual meetme conferences in the
following manner:

1. slides are made into JPEGs/web pages and hosted on a web server
2. set up meetme conference, could be hierarchically stacked * with MeetMe
and connected together thru IAX2 (similar to astricon of past)
3. relevant guru speaks thru meetme, referring to slides served by HTTP
which each listener can go to on his own

the technology to do all the above is there for most of us. why dont we use
it ?

i for one would not mind setting aside an hour or two every month to listen
to developers talk about the asterisk source code.

dinesh at alphaque.com                (0 0)    http://www.alphaque.com/