[Asterisk-Dev] Bug Tracker / Feature Requests (my take)

Leif Madsen leif.madsen at gmail.com
Sun Jan 2 23:12:47 MST 2005

On Mon, 03 Jan 2005 13:33:06 +0800, Dinesh Nair <dinesh at alphaque.com> wrote:
> On 03/01/2005 13:06 Leif Madsen said the following:
> > As for your post specifically.  I would really like to see Russell and
> > Brian West do a presentation on the code.  Russell has been
> > maintaining the stable code, and Brian didn't know any C before he
> > started working with the Asterisk code, and I would consider him a
> > major contributor.  Both are also well spoken.
>
> here's an idea. we're all working with/on asterisk, an IP-PBX and more.
> asterisk, thru MeetMe and IAX2, allows multiparty voice conferences. also,
> astricons can be expensive (not the cost of the conference, but rather
> flight tix and accomodation) for those of us in developing nations.
>
> why dont we have monthly/quarterly virtual meetme conferences in the
> following manner:
<snip>

I think that is a fantastic idea.  Once a week we were having Asterisk
Documentation meetings which seemed to work very well.  Unfortunately
we haven't had one in a while because I was finishing up my final
semester of school, and when I don't push for the conferences, they
seem to die... :)

I think all your ideas were quite valid and should be explored further.

Leif Madsen.
http://www.leifmadsen.com.