[Asterisk-Dev] Revised Call Queue Addition Ideas/Request

Steve McMahon ajener at qwest.net
Sun Feb 20 01:40:42 MST 2005

Ok, Everything is wonderful with app_queue besides some features that I
would like to see added to it

Hard to explain these options but here we go

Agents can login with thier phones and have a constant connection to the
queue... but ...

Can there be a mode option in the configuration that would allow an agent
login and the phone become active for inbound calls without the constant
connection and a logout option

something like queuelogin and queuelogout creating the ability for the
phone(s) to be able to just ring when there is an inbound queue call as well
as an internal call agent to agent. without using callwaiting features?

So when they login it will dump them from the system, pin them in a file as
an active queue phone and receive a inbound call, and if the agent wants to
logout dial the approperiate extensions to logout during the wrapup time?

Also a statistics file that could be generated that would contain the
current hold time for a client, calls waiting in the queue, and any other
information reasonable to collect for a call center readerboard system
preferably in a comma delimited format?

This is a development issue not a user issue I am not a "c" coder so I would
have a difficult time writing something like this I am more of a VisualBasic
Coder