[Asterisk-Dev] Bounty IAX Fax Tone Detection

Lee Howard faxguy at howardsilvan.com
Tue Feb 1 09:31:40 MST 2005

On 2005.02.01 07:23 Gene Willingham wrote:

> I am interested in getting Fax Tone Detection on the IAX channel.

There's a good reason that there currently is no fax detection on IAX
channels.  To my knowledge, there is no native IAX fax device.  So that
means that the reason behind a proposed IAX fax detection mechanism
would be to detect fax over VoIP, and the end-result will be very
limited in use - for conditions where G.711 can produce reliable fax
results.

Lee.