[Asterisk-Dev] Bounty IAX Fax Tone Detection

Simon Lockhart simon at slimey.org
Tue Feb 1 10:00:49 MST 2005

On Tue Feb 01, 2005 at 08:31:40AM -0800, Lee Howard wrote:
> On 2005.02.01 07:23 Gene Willingham wrote:
> >I am interested in getting Fax Tone Detection on the IAX channel.
> There's a good reason that there currently is no fax detection on IAX
> channels.  To my knowledge, there is no native IAX fax device.  So that
> means that the reason behind a proposed IAX fax detection mechanism
> would be to detect fax over VoIP, and the end-result will be very
> limited in use - for conditions where G.711 can produce reliable fax
> results.

Is Fax over VoIP really unfeasible even if you're using alaw/ulaw? I keep
meaning to do some tests, but I'm sure I've seen reports of people doing it
without issue.

Simon
--
Simon Lockhart | * Sun Server Colocation * ADSL * Domain Registration *
   Director    |    * Domain & Web Hosting * Internet Consultancy *