[Asterisk-Dev] New app_groupcount.so in SVN-trunk-r7413 broken

Tilghman Lesher tilghman at mail.jeffandtilghman.com
Thu Dec 15 13:33:51 MST 2005

On Thursday 15 December 2005 13:50, Kevin P. Fleming wrote:
> If that gets done, then any modules _not_ installed by Asterisk's
> 'make install' would go into subdirectories of
> /usr/lib/asterisk/modules, and it would stop complaining about their
> presence... but also when a new release of Asterisk no longer
> includes a module that an old one did it would be automatically
> removed.

Might we think about creating a subdirectory structure which allows
both out-of-tree source-based modules and binary-only modules to be
added to the tree, such that those modules are compiled anew (or
installed anew) on each 'make install' ?

That would permit us to clean the modules directory on each 'make
install' without sacrificing the ability to keep out-of-tree or binary
modules installed with every new compile.

--
Tilghman