[Asterisk-Dev] New app_groupcount.so in SVN-trunk-r7413 broken

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Thu Dec 15 13:50:48 MST 2005

Tilghman Lesher wrote:

> Might we think about creating a subdirectory structure which allows
> both out-of-tree source-based modules and binary-only modules to be
> added to the tree, such that those modules are compiled anew (or
> installed anew) on each 'make install' ?

Interesting idea... I like it. Actually, using /etc/asterisk.makeopts
(or ~/.asterisk.makeopts), you could add subdirectories to be built
automatically to the Makefile rules. We'd need to ensure that the
Makefile for the add-on module(s) was constructed properly, but it could
be done.

There is also an 'astxs' script for building out-of-tree modules, but
it's still lacking in one or two areas.

> That would permit us to clean the modules directory on each 'make
> install' without sacrificing the ability to keep out-of-tree or binary
> modules installed with every new compile.

I didn't plan on touching anything below /usr/lib/asterisk/modules, just
the files directly in that directory. Anything in a subdirectory would
be left alone, and excess modules would moved into a newly created
subdirectory named appropriately (thanks to the previous poster's
suggestion).