[Asterisk-Dev] New app_groupcount.so in SVN-trunk-r7413 broken

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Thu Dec 15 12:50:02 MST 2005

Tzafrir Cohen wrote:

>>In fact, in the trunk we are going to change 'make
>>install' to forcibly clear out that directory, and you'll have to load
>>addon modules from a subdirectory.
>

> Could you please give more details?

We've been talking about extending loader.conf to support something like:

autoload=yes (for what we have now)
autoload=addons (for a subdirectory called addons in
/usr/lib/asterisk/modules)

It already supports:

load=addons/foo.so

although in the CLI you currently have to to 'reload addons/foo.so' and
the like, but we can fix that up.

If that gets done, then any modules _not_ installed by Asterisk's 'make
install' would go into subdirectories of /usr/lib/asterisk/modules, and
it would stop complaining about their presence... but also when a new
release of Asterisk no longer includes a module that an old one did it
would be automatically removed.