[Asterisk-Dev] New app_groupcount.so in SVN-trunk-r7413 broken

Chris Parker cparker at segv.org
Thu Dec 15 12:49:56 MST 2005

On Dec 15, 2005, at 1:17 PM, Kevin P. Fleming wrote:

> Chris Parker wrote:
>
>> Don't load 'app_foo.so', load 'app_foo.6.1.2.so' or whatever the
>> version string is set to
>> when the server is compiled ( pulled 6.1.2 out of the air as an
>> example ).
>
> And how will that work for out-of-tree modules? Or binary modules
> (for those who are using the Digium G.729 codec)?

If you're using out of tree modules, then you (hopefully) have a high
enough
level of clue to figure it out.  And if you tell the server load the
module
and it says "Unable to find module app_myfoo.6.1.0.so" and you see
that you
have only 'app_myfoo.6.0.0.so', that's a pretty descriptive message.

Your 'addon' modules would  be compiled against a specific version of
asterisk.
If you're upgrading asterisk, recompile the modules against the new
version.

> It's just not worth the change, when you already _know_ that
> modules are going to be deprecated and/or replaced and you need to
> clear out your modules directory. In fact, in the trunk we are
> going to change 'make install' to forcibly clear out that
> directory, and you'll have to load addon modules from a subdirectory.

Hmmm, then you nuke something that may or may not be easily replaced,
ala g729, etc.
if another copy isn't available elsewhere on the system.  Unless I'm
misreading
your statement.

-Chris
--
    \\\|||///  \   Chris Parker    -   Segmentation Fault ( core
dumped )
    | @   @ |    \   http://www.segv.org     |    cparker at segv.org
oOo   (_)   oOo  \