[Asterisk-Dev] New app_groupcount.so in SVN-trunk-r7413 broken

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Thu Dec 15 23:35:57 MST 2005

On Thu, Dec 15, 2005 at 01:50:02PM -0600, Kevin P. Fleming wrote:
> Tzafrir Cohen wrote:
>
> >>In fact, in the trunk we are going to change 'make
> >>install' to forcibly clear out that directory, and you'll have to load
> >>addon modules from a subdirectory.
> >

> >Could you please give more details?
>
> We've been talking about extending loader.conf to support something like:
>
> autoload=yes (for what we have now)
> autoload=addons (for a subdirectory called addons in
> /usr/lib/asterisk/modules)

Take a look at http://bugs.digium.com/view.php?id=5524 which does
basically that. Though intended for a different purpose.

(I have a deb of the g729 codecs that could use it, but the license at
install time states that the binaries are non-distributable).

> It already supports:
>
> load=addons/foo.so
>
> although in the CLI you currently have to to 'reload addons/foo.so' and
> the like, but we can fix that up.

Both are unnecessary with that patch. Though it has some overhead.

> If that gets done, then any modules _not_ installed by Asterisk's 'make
> install' would go into subdirectories of /usr/lib/asterisk/modules, and
> it would stop complaining about their presence... but also when a new
> release of Asterisk no longer includes a module that an old one did it
> would be automatically removed.

This is for people using 'make install' . As a packager I have my own
methods of setting ensuring dependencies. I can verify that package
asterisk-addon1-abc will require asterisk >= 1.2.3 and similar
constraints.  Not to mention that distro packages generally don't have
the problem of stale modules.

So "installed by 'make install'" becomes for me "provided by the
distribution." .

--
Tzafrir Cohen     icq#16849755  +972-50-7952406
tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com  http://www.xorcom.com