[Asterisk-Dev] Re: The Zaptel init scripts must die!

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Tue Dec 13 08:18:48 MST 2005

Tony Mountifield wrote:

> I use the zaptel init scripts on Fedora and Centos and find them useful.
> Especially if I upgrade, I just do:
>
> # service zaptel stop ; make install ; service zaptel start
>
> (of course Asterisk not running when I do that)

Hmm... I guess I hadn't considered that usage. That seems valid; I've
always done it manually (or restarted completely) when doing a Zaptel
upgrade.

> I don't know what alternative strategies there are, nor how udev would
> fit in with them - e.g. the wait loop in the init script.

I hereby retract the subject of this message :-) Now we just need to
ensure that they work properly on the major distros that are not
supported at this time (Gentoo and Debian are probably the most notable
ones).