[Asterisk-Dev] Update with new feature for app_mp3.c

Michel Koenen michel.koenen at gmail.com
Sun Aug 7 14:00:21 MST 2005

Hi,

The original app_mp3.c allows the user to exit the application by
pressing a key (aka sending DTMF tone). For my application I needed
the mp3 functionality but without allowing the user to interrupt.

Therfore I changed my source code (from 1.0.7) to allow the following
in extensions.conf:
MP3Player(mymp3file.mp3|N)
Where the option N means : No exit when user pressed key, it is
backwards compatible with the previous function because when '|N' is
left out, it works the same as previous.

Now my problem: I thought, okay I want to share this code with the
Asterisk community but to do so , it would cost me a lot of time, I
need first to download the lastest HEAD branch , then try to fix my
code to work for that, then send a disclaimer by fax to digium, then I
have to find out how and to whom I have to send the updated code etc.
etc. Unfortunately I don't have enough time for all that.

So I will try a shortcut by posting my code here, I hope that this
will have the same status as giving it away to anybody including
Digium. Let me know when it is adopted in the source tree, then I will
update the  Wiki page for use with new option.

Here is the diff for the code against the 1.0.7 version of app_mp3.c
-sh-2.05b$ diff app_mp3.c original1.0.7/app_mp3.c
17d16
< #include <asterisk/options.h>
41c40
< "  MP3Player(location[|options]) Executes mpg123 to play the given location\n"
---
> "  MP3Player(location) Executes mpg123 to play the given location\n"
43,45c42
< "hangup or 0 otherwise. User can exit by pressing any key\n."
< "The option string may contain zero or more of the following characters:\n"
< "     'N' -- do NOT exit when a user pressed a key\n";
---
> "hangup or 0 otherwise. User can exit by pressing any key\n.";
110,112d106
<       int exitOnKeyPress = 1; /* 0=Dot NOT exit on keypress, 1=Exit
on keypress*/
<       char *argumentLine,*filename,*options;
<
124,139d117
<       if (!(argumentLine = ast_strdupa(data))) {
<               ast_log(LOG_WARNING, "Unable to dupe data :(\n");
<               return -1;
<       }
<
<       filename=argumentLine;
<       options = strchr(argumentLine, '|');
<       if ( options ) {
<               *options = '\0'; /* filename string is now terminated
on pos of | */
<               options++;       /* options now points to start of
options string */
<               if ( strchr( options, 'N' ) != NULL ) {
<                       /* N found, so no exit on KeyPress */
<                       exitOnKeyPress = 0;
<               }
<       }
<
155,156c133,134
<       res = mp3play( filename, fds[1]);
<       if (!strncasecmp( filename, "http://", 7)) {
---
>       res = mp3play((char *)data, fds[1]);
>       if (!strncasecmp((char *)data, "http://", 7)) {
226,235c204,208
<                                       if (f->frametype == AST_FRAME_DTMF ) {
<                                               if ( exitOnKeyPress ) {
<
ast_verbose(VERBOSE_PREFIX_3 "app_mp3: Exit on keypress\n");
<                                                       ast_frfree(f);
<                                                       res = 0;
<                                                       break;
<                                               }
<                                               else {
<
ast_verbose(VERBOSE_PREFIX_3 "app_mp3: No exit on keypress\n");
<                                               }
---
>                                       if (f->frametype == AST_FRAME_DTMF) {
>                                               ast_log(LOG_DEBUG, "User pressed a key\n");
>                                               ast_frfree(f);
>                                               res = 0;
>                                               break;

If this doesn't work, here is the full app_mp3.c :
/*
 * Asterisk -- A telephony toolkit for Linux.
 *
 * Silly application to play an MP3 file -- uses mpg123
 *
 * Copyright (C) 1999-2004, Digium, Inc.
 *
 * Mark Spencer <markster at digium.com>
 *
 * This program is free software, distributed under the terms of
 * the GNU General Public License
 */

#include <asterisk/lock.h>
#include <asterisk/file.h>
#include <asterisk/logger.h>
#include <asterisk/options.h>
#include <asterisk/channel.h>
#include <asterisk/frame.h>
#include <asterisk/pbx.h>
#include <asterisk/module.h>
#include <asterisk/translate.h>
#include <string.h>
#include <stdio.h>
#include <signal.h>
#include <stdlib.h>
#include <unistd.h>
#include <fcntl.h>
#include <sys/time.h>

#define LOCAL_MPG_123 "/usr/local/bin/mpg123"
#define MPG_123 "/usr/bin/mpg123"

static char *tdesc = "Silly MP3 Application";

static char *app = "MP3Player";

static char *synopsis = "Play an MP3 file or stream";

static char *descrip =
"  MP3Player(location[|options]) Executes mpg123 to play the given location\n"
"which typically would be a  filename  or  a URL. Returns  -1  on\n"
"hangup or 0 otherwise. User can exit by pressing any key\n."
"The option string may contain zero or more of the following characters:\n"
"       'N' -- do NOT exit when a user pressed a key\n";

STANDARD_LOCAL_USER;

LOCAL_USER_DECL;

static int mp3play(char *filename, int fd)
{
        int res;
        int x;
        res = fork();
        if (res < 0)
                ast_log(LOG_WARNING, "Fork failed\n");
        if (res)
                return res;
        dup2(fd, STDOUT_FILENO);
        for (x=0;x<256;x++) {
                if (x != STDOUT_FILENO)
                        close(x);
        }
        /* Execute mpg123, but buffer if it's a net connection */
        if (!strncasecmp(filename, "http://", 7)) {
                /* Most commonly installed in /usr/local/bin */
            execl(LOCAL_MPG_123, "mpg123", "-q", "-s", "-b", "1024",
"-f", "8192", "--mono", "-r", "8000", filename, (char *)NULL);
                /* But many places has it in /usr/bin */
            execl(MPG_123, "mpg123", "-q", "-s", "-b", "1024","-f",
"8192", "--mono", "-r", "8000", filename, (char *)NULL);
                /* As a last-ditch effort, try to use PATH */
            execlp("mpg123", "mpg123", "-q", "-s", "-b", "1024",
"-f", "8192", "--mono", "-r", "8000", filename, (char *)NULL);
        }
        else {
                /* Most commonly installed in /usr/local/bin */
            execl(MPG_123, "mpg123", "-q", "-s", "-f", "8192",
"--mono", "-r", "8000", filename, (char *)NULL);
                /* But many places has it in /usr/bin */
            execl(LOCAL_MPG_123, "mpg123", "-q", "-s", "-f", "8192",
"--mono", "-r", "8000", filename, (char *)NULL);
                /* As a last-ditch effort, try to use PATH */
            execlp("mpg123", "mpg123", "-q", "-s", "-f", "8192",
"--mono", "-r", "8000", filename, (char *)NULL);
        }
        ast_log(LOG_WARNING, "Execute of mpg123 failed\n");
        return -1;
}

static int timed_read(int fd, void *data, int datalen, int timeout)
{
        int res;
        struct pollfd fds[1];
        fds[0].fd = fd;
        fds[0].events = POLLIN;
        res = poll(fds, 1, timeout);
        if (res < 1) {
                ast_log(LOG_NOTICE, "Poll timed out/errored out with
%d\n", res);
                return -1;
        }
        return read(fd, data, datalen);

}

static int mp3_exec(struct ast_channel *chan, void *data)
{
        int res=0;
        struct localuser *u;
        int fds[2];
        int ms = -1;
        int pid = -1;
        int owriteformat;
        int timeout = 2000;
        int exitOnKeyPress = 1; /* 0=Dot NOT exit on keypress, 1=Exit
on keypress*/
        char *argumentLine,*filename,*options;

        struct timeval now, next;
        struct ast_frame *f;
        struct myframe {
                struct ast_frame f;
                char offset[AST_FRIENDLY_OFFSET];
                short frdata[160];
        } myf;
        if (!data) {
                ast_log(LOG_WARNING, "MP3 Playback requires an
argument (filename)\n");
                return -1;
        }
        if (!(argumentLine = ast_strdupa(data))) {
                ast_log(LOG_WARNING, "Unable to dupe data :(\n");
                return -1;
        }

        filename=argumentLine;
        options = strchr(argumentLine, '|');
        if ( options ) {
                *options = '\0'; /* filename string is now terminated
on pos of | */
                options++;       /* options now points to start of
options string */
                if ( strchr( options, 'N' ) != NULL ) {
                        /* N found, so no exit on KeyPress */
                        exitOnKeyPress = 0;
                }
        }

        if (pipe(fds)) {
                ast_log(LOG_WARNING, "Unable to create pipe\n");
                return -1;
        }
        LOCAL_USER_ADD(u);
        ast_stopstream(chan);

        owriteformat = chan->writeformat;
        res = ast_set_write_format(chan, AST_FORMAT_SLINEAR);
        if (res < 0) {
                ast_log(LOG_WARNING, "Unable to set write format to
signed linear\n");
                return -1;
        }

        gettimeofday(&now, NULL);
        res = mp3play( filename, fds[1]);
        if (!strncasecmp( filename, "http://", 7)) {
                timeout = 10000;
        }
        /* Wait 1000 ms first */
        next = now;
        next.tv_sec += 1;
        if (res >= 0) {
                pid = res;
                /* Order is important -- there's almost always going
to be mp3...  we want to prioritize the
                   user */
                for (;;) {
                        gettimeofday(&now, NULL);
                        ms = (next.tv_sec - now.tv_sec) * 1000;
                        ms += (next.tv_usec - now.tv_usec) / 1000;
#if 0
                        printf("ms: %d\n", ms);
#endif
                        if (ms <= 0) {
#if 0
                                {
                                        static struct timeval last;
                                        struct timeval tv;
                                        gettimeofday(&tv, NULL);
                                        printf("Since last: %ld\n",
(tv.tv_sec - last.tv_sec) * 1000 + (tv.tv_usec - last.tv_usec) /
1000);
                                        last = tv;
                                }
#endif
                                res = timed_read(fds[0], myf.frdata,
sizeof(myf.frdata), timeout);
                                if (res > 0) {
                                        myf.f.frametype = AST_FRAME_VOICE;
                                        myf.f.subclass = AST_FORMAT_SLINEAR;
                                        myf.f.datalen = res;
                                        myf.f.samples = res / 2;
                                        myf.f.mallocd = 0;
                                        myf.f.offset = AST_FRIENDLY_OFFSET;
                                        myf.f.src = __PRETTY_FUNCTION__;
                                        myf.f.delivery.tv_sec = 0;
                                        myf.f.delivery.tv_usec = 0;
                                        myf.f.data = myf.frdata;
                                        if (ast_write(chan, &myf.f) < 0) {
                                                res = -1;
                                                break;
                                        }
                                } else {
                                        ast_log(LOG_DEBUG, "No more mp3\n");
                                        res = 0;
                                        break;
                                }
                                next.tv_usec += res / 2 * 125;
                                if (next.tv_usec >= 1000000) {
                                        next.tv_usec -= 1000000;
                                        next.tv_sec++;
                                }
#if 0
                                printf("Next: %d\n", ms);
#endif
                        } else {
                                ms = ast_waitfor(chan, ms);
                                if (ms < 0) {
                                        ast_log(LOG_DEBUG, "Hangup detected\n");
                                        res = -1;
                                        break;
                                }
                                if (ms) {
                                        f = ast_read(chan);
                                        if (!f) {
                                                ast_log(LOG_DEBUG,
"Null frame == hangup() detected\n");
                                                res = -1;
                                                break;
                                        }
                                        if (f->frametype == AST_FRAME_DTMF ) {
                                                if ( exitOnKeyPress ) {

ast_verbose(VERBOSE_PREFIX_3 "app_mp3: Exit on keypress\n");
                                                        ast_frfree(f);
                                                        res = 0;
                                                        break;
                                                }
                                                else {

ast_verbose(VERBOSE_PREFIX_3 "app_mp3: No exit on keypress\n");
                                                }
                                        }
                                        ast_frfree(f);
                                }
                        }
                }
        }
        close(fds[0]);
        close(fds[1]);
        LOCAL_USER_REMOVE(u);
        if (pid > -1)
                kill(pid, SIGKILL);
        if (!res && owriteformat)
                ast_set_write_format(chan, owriteformat);
        return res;
}

int unload_module(void)
{
        STANDARD_HANGUP_LOCALUSERS;
        return ast_unregister_application(app);
}

int load_module(void)
{
        return ast_register_application(app, mp3_exec, synopsis, descrip);
}

char *description(void)
{
        return tdesc;