[Asterisk-Dev] PostgreSQL support in Asterisk 1.2?

Daniel Swarbrick asterisk at pressure.net.nz
Wed Aug 3 13:59:21 MST 2005

Andrew Kohlsmith <akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com> wrote:

> Personally I think that the pgsql CDR module should be out of the standard
> Asterisk install and everything done via ODBC but I'm not the one who makes
> these kinds of decisions.  :-)

I'm not suggesting using ODBC, as this means installing a fair few
support libraries, and I'm a bit dubious about the performance of ODBC
vs native PgSQL connectivity.

I'm just baffled as to why most of the seasoned Asterisk users recommend
PgSQL, yet it seems to have been overlooked in the upcoming release 1.2