[Asterisk-Dev] PostgreSQL support in Asterisk 1.2?

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Wed Aug 3 15:03:29 MST 2005

Daniel Swarbrick wrote:

> I'm just baffled as to why most of the seasoned Asterisk users recommend
> PgSQL, yet it seems to have been overlooked in the upcoming release 1.2

In what was has it been 'overlooked'? There is a native PgSQL CDR module
as there is for many other databases. There is no native-interface
Realtime module, but it's not been 'overlooked', noone has volunteered
to write one. The MySQL module only exists because a community member
wrote it and maintains it.