[Asterisk-Dev] Re: PostgreSQL support in Asterisk 1.2?

Michael Giagnocavo mgg-digium at atrevido.net
Tue Aug 9 11:48:38 MST 2005

[mailto:asterisk-dev->bounces at lists.digium.com] On Behalf Of Daniel Pocock
>Sent: Tuesday, August 09, 2005 12:15 PM
>To: Asterisk Developers Mailing List
>Subject: Re: [Asterisk-Dev] Re: PostgreSQL support in Asterisk 1.2?
>
>MySQL is great if you read the manual and use it the way it's meant to
>be used.
>
>People can go out and buy a car and if they don't use it properly they
>get themselves in a lot of trouble.  It's not practical to make a
>perfect, idiot proof car (not that I would want to drive one anyway),
>why should we expect open source databases to be perfect and suitable
>for all usage scenarios?

Yea, so why bother with seatbelts, airbags, anti-lock breaks, non-sharp
edges, headlights, metal frames, good tires, etc.??? If people just operated
cars correctly and not like idiots, we wouldn't have any accidents! I think
I've got some cool car-design ideas now; I hope you won't mind if I go call
Ford and tell them how they can save some money...

-Michael