[Asterisk-Dev] PostgreSQL support in Asterisk 1.2?

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Wed Aug 3 13:41:28 MST 2005

On Wednesday 03 August 2005 13:59, Christian Villa Real Lopes wrote:
> The way you say things looks like MySQL it's the only DB who works.

You misread my post.  I am a Postgres fan, not foe.

I'm saying that Asterisk itself shouldn't have ANY SQL-db-specific code in it,
it should be 100% ODBC and then let anyone use what they want.  If you need
that much more raw performance... well guess what, that's an excellent little
niche to write a custom driver and make some money.

> (try to put a high requested radius server using MySQL as backend you need
> more hardware throwput then when you use PgSQL).

Been there, done that, use Postgres now, although I think after I left they
went to MySQL and went to a very "fast and loose" setup where they use
numerous DBs which feed back to a pair of masters and don't worry about the
individual performance issues.

-A.