[Asterisk-Dev] PostgreSQL support in Asterisk 1.2?

Christian Villa Real Lopes christian.lists at polibrasnet.com.br
Wed Aug 3 10:59:18 MST 2005

> On Wednesday 03 August 2005 00:38, Daniel Swarbrick wrote:
>> I'm confused by the the fact that MySQL seems to be mentioned the most
>> when reading Wiki entries about Asterisk Realtime, yet it is only in the
>> Asterisk-addons package. If the MySQL licence is so much hassle to get
>> around, why not just push the PgSQL support more vehemently?
>
> AMEN.
>
> MySQL is so prevalent because of its percieved easier barrier to entry...
> Once people start using it and it starts mangling their data without so
> much
> as a warning they think that all OSS databases suck hairy donkey balls.
>
> Personally I think that the pgsql CDR module should be out of the standard
> Asterisk install and everything done via ODBC but I'm not the one who
> makes
> these kinds of decisions.  :-)
>
> -A.

Thanks God it's not up to you!

The way you say things looks like MySQL it's the only DB who works.

Since the newer versions of PgSQL are much more quickly than MySQL and
robust.
(try to put a high requested radius server using MySQL as backend you need
more hardware throwput then when you use PgSQL).

I use PgSQL on high performance enviroments and WAS using MySQL on some web
servers, since I moving to use only PgSQL now.

- C