[Asterisk-Dev] Thoughts on a context for dialplan execution upon a sip or iax register?

John Todd jtodd at loligo.com
Tue Apr 26 21:48:40 MST 2005

At 9:05 AM -0400 on 4/26/05, Jared Mauch wrote:
>On Mon, Apr 25, 2005 at 04:44:00PM -0700, John Todd wrote:
>>  At 8:23 AM +1000 on 4/26/05, Edwin Groothuis wrote:
>>  >On Mon, Apr 25, 2005 at 09:28:18AM -0700, Chris A. Icide wrote:
>>  >> I don't know what everyone might want to do with such a feature.
>>  >
>>  >When I read your original email, I thought "Aha! Finally a way to
>>  >automatically update the ENUM records once somebody registers/unregisters."
>>  >
>>  >Edwin
>>  >
>>  >--
>>  >Edwin Groothuis      |            Personal website: http://www.mavetju.org
>>  >edwin at mavetju.org    |          Weblog: http://weblog.barnet.com.au/edwin/
>>
>>  You can _sort_ of do this already, by externally examining the state
>>  of the Asterisk database for registrations.  Very, very ugly, but
>>  "asterisk -rx database show" and parsing the output will show you
>>  currently registered hosts.  If you create an "inclusive" filter
>>  based on what's in that list ("If the number exists in the SIP peers
>>  list, then create an ENUM entry...")
>>
>>  This is, however, crude.  Having database entries removed and added
>>  dynamically by actions from within Asterisk instead of simulating
>>  them on a queued examination-event basis is by far a better solution.
>
>	plus i still have issues with asterisk -r and the
>output of commands being trimmed if there is a long output.
>(eg sip show peers output in cvs head)
>
>047/1047                  (Unspecified)    D   N
>255.255.255.255  0        UNKNOWN
>1046/1046                  (Unspecified)    D   N
>255.255.255.255  0        UNKNOWN
>

>--
>Jared Mauch  | pgp key available via finger from jared at puck.nether.net
>clue++;      | http://puck.nether.net/~jared/  My statements are only mine.

Wow, I thought that bug had been fixed (literally) years ago.

Is this at the top of the output, or randomly inside the stream at
the beginning of a new line?  How many lines does it take before this
symptom shows itself?  (I have about 20 sip peers in my installation,
but I don't see this line clipping symptom.)

Can you put more detail of this into a bug on Mantis?  Seems like
something reasonably important for those people who are looking for
very lightweight interactions with * that don't involve writing
something to talk to the Manager.  I didn't see anything on a cursory
inspection, but I don't know what keywords I might have to use, so my
apologies if this is already in there.

Anyway, to refresh this thread: I think the idea of dialplan actions
on IAX/SIP registrations/un-registrations is a good idea, and fits
the Asterisk motto of "More Than One Way To Do It."  Hopefully Chris
Icide will find someone to create the patch and submit it.  :-)

JT