[Asterisk-Dev] Thoughts on a context for dialplan execution upon a sip or iax register?

Jared Mauch jared at puck.nether.net
Tue Apr 26 06:05:27 MST 2005

On Mon, Apr 25, 2005 at 04:44:00PM -0700, John Todd wrote:
> At 8:23 AM +1000 on 4/26/05, Edwin Groothuis wrote:
> >On Mon, Apr 25, 2005 at 09:28:18AM -0700, Chris A. Icide wrote:
> >> I don't know what everyone might want to do with such a feature.
> >
> >When I read your original email, I thought "Aha! Finally a way to
> >automatically update the ENUM records once somebody registers/unregisters."
> >
> >Edwin
> >
> >--
> >Edwin Groothuis      |            Personal website: http://www.mavetju.org
> >edwin at mavetju.org    |          Weblog: http://weblog.barnet.com.au/edwin/
>
> You can _sort_ of do this already, by externally examining the state
> of the Asterisk database for registrations.  Very, very ugly, but
> "asterisk -rx database show" and parsing the output will show you
> currently registered hosts.  If you create an "inclusive" filter
> based on what's in that list ("If the number exists in the SIP peers
> list, then create an ENUM entry...")
>
> This is, however, crude.  Having database entries removed and added
> dynamically by actions from within Asterisk instead of simulating
> them on a queued examination-event basis is by far a better solution.

	plus i still have issues with asterisk -r and the
output of commands being trimmed if there is a long output.
(eg sip show peers output in cvs head)

047/1047                  (Unspecified)    D   N      255.255.255.255  0        UNKNOWN
1046/1046                  (Unspecified)    D   N      255.255.255.255  0        UNKNOWN

Jared Mauch  | pgp key available via finger from jared at puck.nether.net