[Asterisk-Dev] Queues observations

Stephan A. Edelman sedelman at newace.com
Tue Apr 26 19:06:56 MST 2005

We've implemented the call Queuing using asterisk and have the following
observations:

(1) The Queue() application returns zero when there is no agent
available to take the call (busy on another call, for example) but also
when there is no agent logged in for that queue. The latter is fairly
problematic. I would prefer to have the caller dumped into voicemail
rather than waiting for an agent to eventually login.

For this purpose, it looks like we need an AgentIsAvail(queuename)
function, or something similar on which we can branch in the dialplan.

(2) When the caller is eventually connected to an agent, the MOH
disappears and then immediately the agent is heard. The caller gets no
prior indication / warning that his call is now connected. I think we
need an option in the Queue() to create a 2-second ringback prior to
being connected.

Any thoughts?

Stephan.