[Asterisk-Dev] double D-Chans and restarting single span?

C. Maj cmaj-SPAM at freedomcorpse.com
Thu Apr 21 07:37:44 MST 2005

On Thu, 21 Apr 2005, Jerris, Michael MI waxed:

> What types a specs are necessary to get the ability to bounce a span,

I misstyped when I wrote that bug 3450 does B-channel
restarts, as it actually does B-channel maintenance aka
bouncing.  Handling D-channel / span bounces is in the same
arena.

> and individual channels?  Is it time to take up a collection to buy
> something here as this seems to be badly needed.  I Have 2 PRI's w/ NFAS
> to my LD carrier, I don't have a free quad pri card to test with at the

Current libpri supports NFAS and will fail over to a backup
D-channel if the far end initiates the switch.  What it
lacks right now is the ability to do that in the other
direction.

> moment.  If somone wants to test with me I can probably arrange some
> testing on this very off hours (I would need a loaner card as well, or
> wait untill my new one gets approved for budget).

Email me off list about how 'off' those hours are, and I
could help test this.

--Chris

--
Chris Maj, Rochester