[Asterisk-Dev] GPL Violation http://www.asteriskwin32.com/

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Tue Apr 12 09:56:53 MST 2005

alex at pilosoft.com wrote:

> While Mark is sole holder of copyright of Asterisk source code, I'm quite
> positive that asterisk-win32 links to other GPL'd libraries, which would
> infringe on *their* copyright.

Again (just to make sure the archives are clear on this), Mark is _not_
the sole holder of copyright to the source code in Asterisk.

Yes, he is the copyright holder for the majority of the code (that which
he wrote). However, neither of the disclaimers actually are copyright
assignments; the short form one disclaims all copyright interest, and
the long form one only provides Digium an unrestricted license to
use/distribute the code, it does not assign copyright.

Look through the headers of the source files in the tree... you will see
many names besides Mark's that hold copyright to various portions.