[Asterisk-Dev] GPL Violation http://www.asteriskwin32.com/

alex at pilosoft.com alex at pilosoft.com
Tue Apr 12 08:58:37 MST 2005

On Tue, 12 Apr 2005, James Courtier-Dutton wrote:

> This is hardly worth discussing here. The only person this
> http://www.asteriskwin32.com GPL violation effects is the Copyright
> owner, and that is Mark Spencer. No one else can do anything about it.
> So, if Mark does not wish to pay legal fees and try to pursue it, there
> is no point in discussing this any further.
That's probably incorrect.

While Mark is sole holder of copyright of Asterisk source code, I'm quite
positive that asterisk-win32 links to other GPL'd libraries, which would
infringe on *their* copyright.

It would probably be not very hard to determine what asterisk-win32 links
to based on the executable.

-alex