[Asterisk-Dev] Linux leaves Bitkeeper: quite a dustup

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Tue Apr 12 08:08:01 MST 2005

On April 12, 2005 01:15 am, Steven wrote:
> With at least this portion of the thread showing some merit and some
> tangential relation to this list, I'll offer up that arch be considered.
> Specifically it is a good option for those who may be harboring private
> change sets that either can not be contributed or would not be
> accepted.

We use darcs (http://abridgegame.org/darcs/) for our in-house stuff and also
for the vexi project (http://www.vexi.org/).  It seems to handle multiple
repositories very well, all your changesets are stored in something easy to
access (we use just a web-accessible directory to pull and ssh to write to
it) and I imagine with some effort you could achieve something similar to
bk's 3-way merge.  From what I understand of it it's just a nice userland
tool; the backend just tells you where the conflicts are.  :-)

-A.