[Asterisk-Dev] Re: AgentLogin to MeetMe conference?

Tony Mountifield tony at softins.clara.co.uk
Tue Apr 12 01:16:06 MST 2005

In article <Pine.LNX.4.61.0504120053390.21224 at fs.sedwards.com>,
Steve Edwards <asterisk.org at sedwards.com> wrote:
> I posed this question on the user list, but nobody bit :)
>
> > How can I configure AgentLogin to connect the agent to a MeetMe conference?
> >
> > Or, can I achieve similar functionality through other means?
>
> I wasn't really expecting it to just be a configuration issue, just
> wishing.
>
> I guess I'm going to need to dive into the code.
>
> Anybody care to suggest how to accomplish the following?
>
> I want the agent to log in (authenticate).
>
> I want to be able to control (via the queue.conf file or something
> similar) which conference the agent is sent to. Basically, I'd like to
> be able to say an agent can handle calls from queue 1, 2, 3 or, I want
> the agent to be sent to conference 4 upon login and stay there.
>
> While I can probably cobble up something with extension logic, I think
> the agent concept would be cleaner and more consistent

I think you need to define (or explain) the logic a bit more completely.

What I THINK you're saying in your above example is something like:

a) The agent logs in. If there are calls waiting on the queue(s), then
the agent gets given those call(s) until the queue(s) is/are empty.

b) When the queue(s) is/are empty, the agent gets put into the conference.

c) What happens when the next call comes in on a queue? Does the agent
get pulled out of the conference automatically to answer the call? If so,
what if the agent was in the middle of saying something important in the
conference (assuming he is in the conf to talk as well as listen)?

It might help people to suggest approaches if you explain what problem
you are trying to solve - what you are fundamentally trying to achieve.

It may still be a -users topic, but we can't tell at the moment.

Cheers
Tony
--
Tony Mountifield