[Asterisk-Dev] Linux leaves Bitkeeper: quite a dustup

Steven critch at basesys.com
Mon Apr 11 22:15:51 MST 2005

On Mon, 2005-04-11 at 22:03 -0700, Mike Taht wrote:
> I note that originally Linus liked monotone, but didn't like the speed
> for something the size of Linux. He's off writing his own patch system
> that has many ideas that seem to resemble monotone's.
>
> I tried out monotone myself last week and found much to like... I
> imported a basic asterisk tree in a jiffy, I liked the simplicity of
> the client/server interface and the cryptosystem.
>
> Today monotone came out with an apparently much improved version,
> based on Linus's input....
>
> http://www.venge.net/monotone/NEWS
>
> Try it out.

With at least this portion of the thread showing some merit and some
tangential relation to this list, I'll offer up that arch be considered.
Specifically it is a good option for those who may be harboring private
change sets that either can not be contributed or would not be
accepted.
--
Steven <critch at basesys.com>