[Asterisk-Dev] Linux leaves Bitkeeper: quite a dustup

Mike Taht mike.taht at gmail.com
Mon Apr 11 22:03:36 MST 2005

I note that originally Linus liked monotone, but didn't like the speed
for something the size of Linux. He's off writing his own patch system
that has many ideas that seem to resemble monotone's.

I tried out monotone myself last week and found much to like... I
imported a basic asterisk tree in a jiffy, I liked the simplicity of
the client/server interface and the cryptosystem.

Today monotone came out with an apparently much improved version,
based on Linus's input....

http://www.venge.net/monotone/NEWS

Try it out.

On Apr 11, 2005 9:44 PM, Jeffrey C. Ollie <jeff at ocjtech.us> wrote:
> On Mon, 2005-04-11 at 23:21 -0500, Tilghman Lesher wrote:
> > On Monday 11 April 2005 22:52, Brian Capouch wrote:
> > > There's an article about it on Google today.  Quite a bit has been
> > > written about it in various places.  One such is at the link below.
> > > Looks to be a nice kettle of fish, involving a lot of hard feelings
> > > all around:
> >
> > I fail to see how this is on-topic for the Asterisk Developers ML.
> > Take your discussion to Slashdot.
>
> It's "on topic" because there has been some recent discussion on the IRC
> channels (and probably other places) about using something other than
> CVS for source code management.  BitKeeper was prominantly mentioned as
> a leading candidate.  Of course, now that there will no longer be a free
> version of BitKeeper, BitKeeper is less of an attractive candidate.
>
> Jeff

Mike Taht
PostCards From the Bleeding Edge
http://the-edge.blogspot.com