[Asterisk-Dev] Linux leaves Bitkeeper: quite a dustup

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Tue Apr 12 07:32:22 MST 2005

Steven wrote:

> With at least this portion of the thread showing some merit and some
> tangential relation to this list, I'll offer up that arch be considered.
> Specifically it is a good option for those who may be harboring private
> change sets that either can not be contributed or would not be
> accepted.

Right, that is one the big reasons to consider switching in the first
place. Also, there is some value in being able to host a development
'server' with commit permissions granted individually per-branch,
something that CVS/SVN/etc. cannot do. I've not yet looked at Monotone
or Arch (or darcs) to see how that would be handled, but it's on my
(long) list of things to do.