[Asterisk-Dev] I hate when this happens

Nicolas Gudino nicolas at house.com.ar
Wed Apr 6 11:34:04 MST 2005

Hi David,

> Thanks for confirming that you've seen the same thing.  I'm beginning to
> think that something is stomping on the PostgreSQL ODBC's memory space.
> Nothing have changed in the ODBC parts of the call stack, yet there are
> problems when the PostgreSQL ODBC drivers with newer versions.  I've got
> some other stuff I need to work on before I need to get to the latest
> version of * (I need the ChanSpy stuff, but not just yet.)  I'll wait a
> couple of weeks.  If the CVS head version is still PostgreSQL unfriendly
> at that time, I'll do digging to see what's tromping on the ODBC driver.

What linux flavour and kernel are you running? FYI, I upgraded one of my
boxes to CVS-HEAD last friday. The first thing I did was try the new
supervisor transfers, and the machine locked hard.

I'm running it on Yellow Dog Linux under PPC (an old powermac). Did some
more testing, and find out that it worked well if I started asterisk
manually or with safe_asterisk, but not from the redhat derived init
script that I was using.

I assume that there is a problem with asterisk and the kernel threading
model, as YDL is based on RedHat, and it probably inherits some of its
quirks. The LD_ASSUME_KERNEL did not help at all.

Regards,

--
Nicolas Gudino <nicolas at house.com.ar>