[Asterisk-Dev] I hate when this happens

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Thu Apr 7 00:55:03 MST 2005

On Wed, 2005-04-06 at 15:34 -0300, Nicolas Gudino wrote:
> I'm running it on Yellow Dog Linux under PPC (an old powermac). Did
> some more testing, and find out that it worked well if I started
> asterisk manually or with safe_asterisk, but not from the redhat
> derived init script that I was using.

I've been running CVS HEAD code on Fedora PPC within the last week, and
apart from the endianness issues which I've fixed, and the kernel
bluetooth bug which I fixed, it's been OK with everything I've done with
it (which admittedly hasn't been much).

> I assume that there is a problem with asterisk and the kernel
> threading model, as YDL is based on RedHat, and it probably inherits
> some of its quirks. The LD_ASSUME_KERNEL did not help at all.

AFAIK there's nothing quirky about the threading model -- it's just the
standard Linux/glibc NPTL code. Although it's feasible that Red Hat was
the first to ship with that, I think that just about all of the other
distributions have caught up now -- it should be the same on most
current Linux boxes; not just Red Hat, Fedora and their clones.

--
dwmw2