[Asterisk-Dev] Immediate return from pbx_exec?

Dan Austin Dan_Austin at Phoenix.com
Fri Apr 1 10:17:57 MST 2005

Thanks for confirming what I thought the case would be.

It is much appreciated.

Dan

-----Original Message-----
From: asterisk-dev-bounces at lists.digium.com
[mailto:asterisk-dev-bounces at lists.digium.com] On Behalf Of Steven
Critchfield
Sent: Friday, April 01, 2005 2:26 AM
To: Asterisk Developers Mailing List
Subject: RE: [Asterisk-Dev] Immediate return from pbx_exec?

On Thu, 2005-03-31 at 21:39 -0800, Dan Austin wrote:
> OK, so I did understand the code.  I suppose that is good.
>
> Now, you mention the manager interface, does that mean I can
> do this:
> 	1.  Enter my app from the dial plan, attached to the channel
> 	2.  Perform the validation steps
> 	3.  Issue a manager command to redirect the channel into the
> 		MeetMe
>
> Reading my own question, I see that the anwser is no.  Unless I
> rewrite the application as an external app, and use an agi to pass
> it the channel for streaming purposes and monitoring.

I think what has been suggested for you is to create an external
scheduling app that can communicate to asterisk via the manager
interface and possibly another method.

You can use AGI or a C app to contact the scheduling app and make it
aware of the call. Then move the call into the appropriate meetme
conference.

Your external scheduler then can use the manager interface to monitor
times and optionally boot users out of the conference when the timeout
occurs.

To UNSUBSCRIBE or update options visit: