[Asterisk-Dev] G.729 and Asterisk intellectual property issues

Brancaleoni Matteo mbrancaleoni at espia.it
Sun Sep 26 13:31:39 MST 2004

Hi.

I've followed this nice thread about G729 IP & related...

as far as I've understood from intel web site,
the code is free for devel / testing / research.

Now, someone states that this code is illegal,
but why? could someone point me to the exact
reason of that?

honestly, I don't find anything illegal in this
stuff used to make a library for * ...

of course if used for devel / testing / research.

And yes, I buy and I bought g729 licenses from
Digium (and I'll do) since are for commercial
purposes. and I'm happy to do.

but really, explain me why Daniel work
is illegal, at the point that all reference
to this thread are going to be removed
from the ml ?

Matteo.

P.S. don't say me read the GPL, point to
the right place where that is stated.
I follow the law, but I wanna know the law.
I don't follow the law that says "it's forbidden"
and nothing more.

--
Brancaleoni Matteo <mbrancaleoni at espia.it>
Espia Srl